05 May 2009

The View

I woke up to rain this morning. It was 5am, and the gentle tapping on the walls of my tent was either spring drizzle or ants dancing. My dog curled in closer to me. In his world, there is only one reason for rain - an opportunity to sleep in.

So, there I was, inside the blue world of my tent, alone with my dog, one of I think four people camping at that state park last night. I was wishing I weren't alone, and glad I was all at the same time.

And I wondered . . . what would it take for me to make this my life.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so nice. Perhaps you should think about Lover's Key State Park in Florida. They give you free camping for doing a minimum number of volunteer hours. It is much warmer, there is a beach, there are woods, there is kayaking.

    ReplyDelete